Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Emails

Had an odd experience today.  I received an email, with this content:

You’re a strong Democrat, right?

That’s why I’m emailing you. I need your help.

Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress are pledging to undo decades of American progress. They want to:

-Repeal Obamacare
-Overturn Roe v. Wade
-Dismantle Medicare
-Ban Muslims from entering the US
 
As a Democrat, I refuse to sit by and let Republicans get away with it. We need to hold them accountable.


And today, I need your help to fight against their backwards priorities:
 
TAKE A STAND: Stand with me against the dangerous policies pushed by Donald Trump and his Republicans.

As a member of our team, we’ll keep you informed about news that’s important to Democrats.

Thanks for standing with us.


   
And I thought well, sure, anything I can do to stop, block, or deny that guyI would be glad to do.   So sure, I'll give money to --  and then I noticed the signature block.


Kelly Ward
Executive Director, DCCC


and I thought The DCCC?  Isn't that what that Wasserman-Shultz woman ran?  The one who cheated so that Hillary would win the nomination?

No, as it turns out. That group was the Democratic National Committee.  This group is the "Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) ... the official campaign arm of the Democrats in the House"

But still, I hesitate.  Because right now any major political organization leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  
 

No comments: