Monday, January 26, 2015

And then there's...

I have a good friend whose family life is a bit -- strained.

The mother is having an affair, and only periodically lives at home.
The father is emotionally distant, and sometimes goes for days without talking.
The daughter (my friend) is having an affair of some type with a man three times her age. (No, not me).

And now, the daughter  tells me, they just learned that the new girlfriend of her brother, so happy to see her because the brother had been abruptly dumped by an earlier version, has an impediment of her own: two small children.

Ever want to just DO something, anything, to help someone?  Yeah.  Me.  Now. No idea what.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Dysfunctional families cannot be helped except by years of therapy. Just being a good friend is about all you can do and try not to be sucked into their craziness.

Cerulean Bill said...

I agree. Its hard not to want to take some kind of action, though. Which is why I guess I'm a liberal!