Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Writing

My mother used to make lists.  Things to do, things to remember, how to do things.  Some of the lists were fairly lengthy.  Others were short -- reminder that the hot water turned to the left, while the cold water turned to the right, for example.

I've been working my way through our new Bose radio -- building a playlist in Windows Media, getting the Bose to stream it from the PC to its own speakers.  Generally, its easy to do, but, like the Apple It just works (but it doesn't), the way to get it to work isn't always obvious.  I'm sure, after a few days, it'll be 'intuitively obvious', but now, not so much.  (Why, for example, can I say 'play' for a Playlist, but in Bose, I have to pick a song to start with?)

So as I find things, I make a list.  For example, my current list:

UPDATE CD INFO (DOWNLOAD USING WMP)
RIP CD TO WMP LIBRARY
FIND ALBUM IN WMP LIBRARY
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT 'ADD TO'

The list helps.  But, of course, I'm not my mother.  I don't need the list.  It just helps.

So far.

No comments: