Saturday, May 04, 2013

Womyn

I read only part of this, and got so perplexed, I had to stop and reread it.  I never did finish it, but what I read was enough for me to think Oh, come on....REALLY?? This is what you choose to worry about?

The thing is, that wouldn't be fair.  These people are serious.  They think that what's happening at the festival is wrong, and they want to change it. Okay, some are probably jokers, making a habit of being outraged, but most really do care. I think that's admirable.

Though, given that some attendees were irritated that the recorded music included a piece by a male singer, and given the comment about "The absence of guys does make for an absence of threat..." , I suspect that at least some of them would rather I kept that opinion to myself.

No comments: