Sunday, April 08, 2012

Phones

We just turned on a data plan for my daughter's phone.  We figure she'll need it when she's on tour with a drill team this summer; not to mention, when she goes off to college.  We contemplated getting her a new phone, too, but it turns out we can't do an upgrade until September unless we're willing to pay full price the phone, which we're not. (Though the clerk did say that we could add a fourth line to our package, use that to get the new phone, then have her phone number ported to it. Interesting..)

Speaking of phones, and in particular iPhones, yet another article about someone finding their stolen iPhone.  Got to wonder why this isn't available on phones from other vendors....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beats me. I don't have a phone anymore. Don't have anyone to talk to if I had one. Technology just keeps on keeping on.

STAG said...

If I stole a phone, the sim card would be popped out within five minutes.
It is fortunate that crooks are usually stupid.

Cerulean Bill said...

Our phones don't have SIM cards. Wish they did.

Wendster said...

Hi Bill,
I have the technology package on my phone and I love it. Super useful for staying in touch and following up on job leads.
I just took my blog private. I THINK I included every single address in my permission list... but if you can't see my blog PLEASE let me know so I can add you. Write me at WendyOhW AT yahoo dot com to be added if I didn't already and give me your e mail address. Hugs! Wendster

Cerulean Bill said...

Her package includes a GPS function that she didn't know was there. We got it so that she can use facebook and email while on the road. Using it thirty seconds later to look at FB - didn't occur to us.

I just was able to look at your blog, so I think I'm good to go.