Monday, December 28, 2009

Call Me

A friend said she was getting iPhones for her two daughters, and was contemplating changing from a Blackberry to an iPhone for herself. I said that it sounded good, but I just didn't like the price -- about fifty dollars a month for the least expensive family plan versus about thirty dollars a month that we pay now for our three bare-bones phones. Course, we are saving forty dollars a month on the Verizon tv/cable switch, and we could apply it to that, but I sort of thought that the idea of 'saving' included 'and not spending it somewhere else'.

Guess I'm just cheap. Those new phones surely do look nice, though.

5 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

You mean, like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3zvI2tyPM

Tabor said...

In the world of technology, there is always something just a little better and little neater out there!

Cerulean Bill said...

My phone makes calls. It doesn't take pictures, play games, display maps, or even have externally purchased little ring tones. It just...makes....calls.

Upgrading would not be difficult, just pointless. A sop to my ego, that's all.

genderist said...

We have Palm Pres - like them much better than the iphone, which surprises me because we're total mac-hacks...

Happy new Year's!!

Cerulean Bill said...

Clearly, I've stumbled across what needs to be my Christmas gift NEXT year....


and a happy new year, and decade, to you!