Sunday, November 01, 2009

One Down

We got the TV. Not bad. The screen is quite large (by our standards, not those of someone who's really into it) -- about 2.5 times the size we're used to. Takes about ten seconds to power up, and three to shut down. Each time, it plays a little tone (wish I could get rid of that). Lots of tunable options, most of which we didn't mess with.

Tomorrow, just to distract myself from fixating on the election Tuesday (up at 5AM, yay), I'll likely try energizing the Tivo service. Then on Tuesday, the Verizon guy comes out to do their magic. Hope it all works.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Ok, the next project is to find those exercise channels and start moving in front of that beast.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thats why the exercise bike is so close!

genderist said...

It's a plan! How's it working out for you?

Cerulean Bill said...

Well....I'm not as thrilled at Tivo as I expected. It doesn't just work. I HATE not being able to block channels from the 'live tv' display. My DVD/VCR could do it, my old TV and the new TV can do it, but Tivo? Superslick Tivo? Apparently not. Best they seem able to do is delete it from the on-screen guide. Big deal. If I had known that, we might not have gotten the service.

Perhaps it will be different when the cable card is installed with the Fios switchover tomorrow.