Friday, September 11, 2009

Winter?

It almost might as well be -- a rainy, chilly day, the kind of day that you expect to see in the middle of November. I went out and mowed two days ago, just because I thought I might as well, and now I'm really glad that I did. We're at home; our daughter is off on a road trip with the color guard - a football game about half an hour from here. It's outdoors, so they're wearing their warmup suits. I suspect they're going to perform in them, too. I don't quite see the thrill of sitting on chilly, wet metal bleachers, but I know that many others would say but it's football!

Made some chocolate pudding from scratch this afternoon. The gods didn't come together. It has a nice flavor, but it took a very long time to solidify. Not that that's going to stop us from eating it. I did promise my daughter that if she gave her math test today her best effort, I would bake whatever she wanted, this weekend. Can't wait to see if she remembers that, when I'm pushing her to do reviews of material. They're already two weeks into the school year -- unbelievable.

No comments: