Saturday, December 27, 2008

Road Trip

Well, the great getaway weekend has started. I just dropped my daughter off for her trip up to New York City.

I expected that the buses would arrive after the drop-off time, and they did. We were there about 6:25, and they arrived about ten to seven. There were about fifteen cars already there, with about twenty more showing up after us. The parents were staggering around, shivering -- it's about 34 degrees out -- while the kids were bouncing up and down, laughing and shouting. All that energy! Most were dressed normally; one had a Santa hat, while another had a striped stocking cap.

I told my wife I was going to try to get some sleep, and remarked that the bedroom was cold. You like a cold bedroom, she said, surprised. Oh -right now, you want warmth, and comfort.

Can't imagine why she would think that.

No comments: