Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rocky


As I have mentioned on occasion in the past, my PC's desktop frequently mirrors my mood. Today, feeling grim after repeated failures in the system maintenance that I have been trying to apply over the past five days (even now, my spirit quails at that thought: five days!!!), I changed the wallpaper on this PC to be a closeup of stones, which I had found some time ago.

That's still the image that's on there now, though things have improved somewhat; I swallowed my pride and called a coworker, who, though stumped as to what I could have possibly done to make things so intractable, said that it wasn't a major thing, as it was a test system. Yes, it needs to be resolved, but perhaps we would be able to get through it. Or get around it. Or something. I still feel pretty stupid, and more than a little inept. I'm very good at feeling that way when I can't do something that I think I ought to be able to do; one of the many, many things my wife does for me is push me to get out of that mood, when it strikes. She can't, as a rule, make me laugh, and if I'm in a serious grump, can't really budge me, but once I do start to get out of it, she can help me keep the train moving.

Tonight, some frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizza, and perhaps I'll make some dough for bread, after all.

No comments: