Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dinner and Conversation

This evening I went out to a gathering at a local restaurant of several people with whom my wife works, and with whom I used to work before taking early retirement and moving on to work where I do now. As part of the conversation, one of the people asked what I planned to do after retirement, which I'd said would be some time between now and June, 2008 -- the date depending on my mood and how I felt about my job. Well, a couple of other things, too, but that's about it. I said that I didn't really know, and he suggested that I might want to think about working for one of the local non-profits, which he said, as a whole, had no clue about concepts like organization and follow-through -- long on good intentions and short-term action, short on everything else. I must say, the concept is intriguing. About the only problem that I could see is finding one where I wanted to work -- something supporting a cause that I feel strongly about. I don't tend to feel strongly about anything, as a rule. There must be something, but what?

Something to think about.

No comments: